Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sun comes out life gets BUSY

Sun comes out and life gets busy.... and my poor baby girls gets a double ear infection. So both of these things are why I haven't had a chance to blog. Right now the house quiet.... everyone is still sleeping ( it is 7:44am this NEVER happens in the Petit house :) so I figured I would take a minute to show you a glimpse into what has been happening the past few days.....


We stayed over night at my mom's house Sunday "grandma sitting" it was still raining so we had to find things for the kids to do... Tay's went and got our old toys, barbies ( shhh don't tell daddy they boys were playing with barbies :) and dress up. The pink flapper dress Kaitlyn is wearing was mine when I was little :)


Swimmer take you positions.... go.... The boys had their first swim meet on Monday!!! Jayden was really nervous and Zack was just excited his teacher let him try even though he isn't on the swim team yet. They both did a great job for their first time



Jayden swam the 25 free style, breast, and back stroke... his favorite is the back stroke


Zack swam the 25 free style, and breast stroke

And Kaitlyn just chilled with daddy... and said go boy go :) What a great cheerleader.. But she can't wait to get in the water. We just have to wait until she is potty trained :)


Oh and those pretty flowers from the 1st photo were given to me by my mom who found them on a drive that she took the boys on last week. With all this rain and now sun it looks like we will see ALOT of Spring in the next few weeks.. I am so excited
Tuesday night we had some friends over for Breakfast for dinner... here is a small glimpse of what we had... What you don't see is the bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, breakfast casserole and french toast casserole... ( for those who asked I will post the recipe later today). Of course like always way too much food. The kids played outside until it was dark and then came in ready to watch a movie. When I went to check on them this is what I saw ♥♥♥
Then a few minutes later I guess it was time to play dress up. Mat and I thought this was soo funny because they each have a piece of the same outfit on. So put them together and they make up a knight :)
Yesterday was back to normal day.. well sort of.. We ended up taking Kaitlyn to the doctors and found out she has a double ear infection. Then we stopped at my moms house since we were in Napa and the kids were so excited when Nana told them to they could strip and jump on the trampoline and Nana would squirt them.. This is there ALL TIME FAVORITE thing to do in the summer.. And yesterday was the first time in months I wasn't cold once during the day..  Oh you know the saying.. What happens at Nana's stays at Nana's :) Kaitlyn who doesn't remember the joys of this last summer didn't think it was such a great idea so Nana filled a little pool for her. She was happy as a clam ( where in the world does that saying come from or did I butcher it because I have been known to do that too ??) sitting in the pool while enjoying a fudgebar... oh the life ( sorry I don't usually bring my camera to doctor's appt. so I didn't have it with me ;(
Last night I had a head ache and was making every excuse when Mat got home to not go running....But I finally talked myself into it.. 4 miles done but was it worth it last night??? I am still not sure.. I found out that when the sun goes down the bugs come and and I must have had a dinner of gnats last night: Gross I KNOW!!! Running is so much harder at night then in the AM... The one good thing is my head ache went away while running but them as soon as I got home.... THUMP THUMP THUMP... almost the kind where you get sick kind of THUMP... So I laid on the couch where my AMAZING husband who didn't seem to mind the gross sweatyness... rubbed my FEET!!! Ya he is pretty amazing. A bit later though he did tell me to go and take a bath so I guess he did notice... So running to get a great foot rub after was worth it but hopefully my run tonight will be better...
Now it is 8:09 and the house is still quiet.... I better go and get a shower while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment