Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Moment in Time

This moment we are living in right now has many "little" things that I will want to recall someday.  With my mommy brains that might not be so easy unless I write it down... So in this moment in time...
  • I wake up to  " Mommy yair yar you?" Translated "Mommy where are you?"
  •  Kaitlyn has been waking up at 6 am every morning on the dot and Zack and Jayden could sleep till 8 if I let them
  • Zack is starting to read small words like mat, see, this and sat
  • Jayden loves anything animals- and not just in this moment but every moment since he was 2 1/2
  • I have a cooking light mag sitting on the coffee table next to me that I was so excited to start getting again but has yet to make a new recipe from it
  • Zack says "Pairish" for Paris and "Irelish" for Ireland
  • Kaitlyn sets the table by putting all the forks in a pile on the table and the basket of napkins on top of the pile :)
  • I am doing a word study on LOVE and realizing that love is a decision and not "sweet feelings of affection" but the feeling are just the fruit of love! It will become a blog post one day soon :)
  • The boys are writing letters to family every other day in place of their journal writing (be on the look out for a letter in your mail box!)
  • I am beginning to plan Kaitlyn's 2nd birthday party... Oh MY our baby girl is going to be 2! We are thinking an Elmo theme since she loves him so!
  • Our favorite family treat is the frozen yogurt @ Cultive in Vacaville we go at least weekly
  • We have been healthy for almost 2 months now!!! I never thought I would say that
  • Mat and I are finally!!! taking the membership class at church after only 10 plus years :)... he worked night shift every time it had been offered. We are so thankful for our local church body and our leaders!
  • I have been eating gluten free for a little over a month and feeling so much better. Just made my first from scratch gluten free chocolate cake today!
  • After watching Food Inc. we are considering trying to eat more organic within what our budget allows.. I am sure this to shall pass
  • Kaitlyn loves shoes! 
  • I have a big plastic garbage bag of summer clothes in the boys room just waiting to be put in the drawers and then worn if it stops raining any time soon(Just checked the forecast.. the clothes are staying in the bag for maybe another week :(
  • Missing our family from Canada and thinking it is time for another visit.. Excited we are planning on going this summer
  • Every time we are in the car Kaitlyn can be heard yelling. " MOMMY TOW.. MOMMY TOW.... MOMMY TOW.. MOMMY TOW..  (mommy cow) for each and every cow she sees... good thing we don't live in the midwest or she would be saying this non stop :)
  • Zack has found joy in peeing in the garbage can NEXT to the toilet.. yeah don't ask me I don't quiet understand :)
  • I am considering signing up for another 1/2 marathon or maybe a full this time (anyone want to join me??)
  • Amazed at how fast Jayden is grasping each and every new math concept
  •  Favorite dinners right now for Zack is garlic bread and chicken salad, Kaitlyn pasta or pizza, Jayden says garlic bread and broccoli (for some reason I don't believe this :)
  • Kaitlyn doesn't like cabinets doors open and mommy has a bad habit of leaving them open so my little helper follows behind me closing the doors I leave open.
  • Daddy is still raising baby chicks and even meat chickens this time. 
  • Our backyard looks like a jungle just awaiting sunny days so that we may go and conquer it!
  • Zack takes his chores seriously and putting away the silverware is his favorite
  • When going to sit down to watch TV Kaitlyn has to have everything just so.. her water, blanket, favorite stuffed animal of the day (my mom says I was just like that when I was her age and I kind of still am :)
  • Jayden favorite chore is to feed the dogs
  • While on our way to our friends house for dinner  Jayden says " Mom it is 3 kids playing with 2 kids, it might not work out" :)  Then when talking to daddy they other day I heard this conversation Jayden-  Daddy what it your favorite animal?  Daddy - a baby  Jayden- what do you mean a baby? Daddy- You know like kids ( daddy thinking he is just messing with Jayden) Jayden- Oh I know what you mean now a baby goat.. a kid :) Oh how I love my logical child!
  • Starting to think about summer and camping trips, getting caught up on scrapbooking, family trip to Tahoe??, warm long days!
  • After talking about what a leader is  Jayden says- a leader is a server like Jesus because he did his servants work ( oh he meant a servant! :) Zack- A servant is the best leader of all God!
  • I need to go and put my very tired little girl to bed
  • I am looking forward to my brothers b-day celebration at my house on Sat... Fun time with my wonderful Family
  • Ok I really need to go and put this now crabby girl to bed!!! :)
  • mission accomplished... crabby tired girl is in bed
  • I am so thankful for my wonderful hubby who clean it front of the house before our CT came today while I took the kids to an AWSOME indoor pool ( can't believe we had never been there before!)







  • Love this verse John 15:12 "This is my commandment that you love one another, just as I have loved you." How has He LOVED US??? Rom 5:8 " But God demonstrated His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us!"
  • I am very THANKFUL for all my wonderful family and friends
I am loving this moment in time! Thank You Lord for giving me this time... Ecc 3:1 " There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven!"




    1 comment:

    1. What a great idea to just jot down the daily funny & awesome little things our cute Petit kids do currently. You are cherishing your moments with your dear family. Your writing is always so fun, & inspirational to read. I see God working through your life more & more Jenny.
      You are a wonderful, wife, mom, sister & daughter, not to mention so hospitable!
      I love you so much.
      Looking forward to this weekend with our family too. and I love the photos of the kids at the water park... fun one of Kaitlyn with the duckies too!
      See you Sat.

      ReplyDelete