Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Storm to Sun in 2 days!!!!

The past few days have been filled with many different things... life lessons, conviction, fun, laughter, tears, prayers for wisdom, a lot of talking things out, new plans, new goals, puppet shows. mommy giving hair cuts, yard work, moving wood piles, bbq, family house cleaning night followed by a fun story time ... much like the weather things have went from cold dark and storming to the beautiful sunny and warm!
  Homeschool has been a struggle but through this God has shown us as parents where we have lacked in training our kids hearts and not just their actions.  God gave us this week a glimpse into the heart of one of our dear children and what we saw was a lack of motivation (laziness) and an attitude of wanting to just give up when things get too hard which we thought before was just him not grasping or being able to do some things... but what really we need to do is to deal with his heart behind this... and after praying and talking and praying some more God gave us some wisdom on what to do. I can say that I am so thankful for my faithful Shepard who guides us as parents and shows us how to get to the hearts of our children!!! So now we have new plans with the goal to motivate, encourage and push my dear child to be all that God would have him to be and to learn that life is hard.... period! and when it gets hard we can't just throw in the towel and give up.. but we have to keep pressing on to the goal.... I am so excited to see how this will look in my dear child's life.This whole thing has also shown a light into the hearts of Mat and I and we can see where we have been lazy and not wanted to do the "hard" work required. It is so true.. children more attention paid to what you do than what you say.. so our prayer is now that our kids can see in us working hard by becoming students of the word, being organized with our day, setting goals and keeping them, and pushing ourselves to live in such a way as to bring glory to our Great God!

Anyways enough with the talk... it is picture time.....


 Kaitlyn fell asleep during her play time in her room while I  was doing math with the boys. I walked to the room to check on her and I got a little worried when I couldn't see her... For some reason I didn't notice her right there by my feet!! I had to snap and quick picture and then I covered her up.
 Then it was art time.... I had gotten this box months ago and we had only made 1 thing from it.. Figured it was high time to be getting that box out and get to crafting.. it was great because everything was included.... and it had directions!!!

 Making Puppets
 Kaitlyn loved the glue so much that she thought it would be nice body paint... Well mommy wasn't to keen on that idea and it was off to the bath for her.... We found her baby and after mommy washed her she got to work washing her baby too :)

 Yeah I think this is why I waited so long to get the box out... It made a HUGE mess... then Jayden said this was the best day ever so the mess didn't matter so much anymore!
 The final products!!! I love them.. A puppet show was in the works
 So our girl loves herself some pasta!!! Just a little can you tell :) So yes she did get ANOTHER bath!!

 Got to love the peek- a- boos with pasta covered fingers... She had noodles all in her hair! She woudl hide her eyes and we would all say " Oh no where did Kaitlyn go???"


The puppet show... it was soo cute and had a very funny ending :)I got a video that I am going to try and post.. keep on the look out

Following the puppet show we had a family clean night... the timer was set for an hour, music was turned up and we all got to work.. each assigned a different job... and guess what... with everyone working together the whole house got dusted, vacuumed, picked up, mopped, and kitchen and bathrooms spotless. It was so rewarding for me to hear the vacuum going in one room, a kid singing along to mercy me while dusting in another room, Kaitlyn "helping" daddy clean the bathrooms while I scrubbed the kitchen. It was at this moment I realized how God has richly blessed me. Yesterdays toil  was completely worth the fruit I saw and blessing I received today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment