Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Precious Gems

She came tonight as I sat alone, the girl I used to be.....  And she gazed at me with her earnest eye and questioned reproachfully;
Have you forgotten the many plans and hopes that I had for you? The career, the splendid fame, and all the wonderful things to do ? Where is the mansion of stately height with all of its gardens rare? The silken robes that I dreamed for you and the jewels in your hair?
And as she spoke, I was very sad for I wanted her pleased with me......
This slender girl from the shadowy past the girl that I used to be
So gently rising, I took her hand, and guided her up the stair 
Where peacefully sleeping, my babies lay innocent, sweet, and fair.
And I told her that these are my only gems, and precious they are to me;
That silken robe is my motherhood of costly simplicity. 
And my mansion of stately height is love, and the only career I know
Is serving each day in these sheltered walls for the dear ones who come and go.

And as I spoke my shadowy guest, she smiled through her tears at me.
And I saw that the woman I am now, pleased the girl I used to be.
Author Unknown


 We read this poem at our ladies study last night. We are reading Womanly Dominion by Chanski. If you haven't read it DO... God has used it greatly in my life.  
There are days when I can't get my eyes off myself, my wants, my needs, what I think I deserve... Notice all the I's and My's. I need my own time, I want the house just so, I need to to be recognized for all I do in this house, what am I chop liver??? But this isn't godly mothering this is the sin of selfishness.... putting myself first. 
Yesterday was family weeding day.. so we went out and got to work. While weeding I was reminded of how weeds in a garden are like sin in my life. They start out small and may even be over looked but as the rain and sun feed it the weed grows and grows.The weed then begins to take the nutrients from the good plants and they get more and more difficult to pull out. Just like sin in our hearts...Small thoughts of selfishness when fed with all the "I" statements can grow and grow then I get depressed looking at all that I think I don't have and deserve. I then get angry and bitter with those in my house looking at them as the reason for my problem. but really it all began with those selfish thoughts. Then I read this.....

"Think, dear sister, how the Lord Jesus selflessly served you. He laid down His life to make you look good. He laid it down on crucifixion day, as that you'd look good on judgment day.  He was spat upon, beaten, scourged, mocked, stripped, spiked, hung, and forsaken. Then he breathed his last so that you wouldn't forever weep, wail, and gnash your teeth in hell. He was born, lived and died with the sole object that you would look good forever . Could it be that this wifehood and motherhood thing is calling you to higher ground, conforming you more to His glorious image?.....
The Lord made me for a purpose, too. He made me a woman, a wife, and a mother. He made me to serve. And when I serve, I feel His pleasure." Chanski

See what I mean... good book eh??? I need to remember all that God did for me.. He died for me while I was still a sinner Christ died for me...  I am doing the Lord's work being a helpmate to his child and a mother to His kids for no other reason than for His name to be magnified. I pray that I can always recognize my selfishness for what it is and by God's strength and power weed it out of my heart before it takes root and grows. And I can say that the girl I used to be would be so happy with what I have now...These are my rewards, my promotions, my treasures that no job or money could by!!!! take a look :)


We went on a fun field trip to Scientopia.. a kids dream place to play... with kitchen and shopping market, craft area, puppet play, life size Lincoln logs and many other things


The blue stuff is recycled tires!

 Today we made homemade pizza for the first time.. I know why did we wait this long to do it?? I don't know :) The boys had so much fun playing chef! That is Zack's look after I caught him dipping in the cheese bowl for the 5th time!  And the pizza turned out good I guess.. I didn't eat it but all the kids did! Zack said while trying the first few bites... " Mommy is NOT chopped.... this is good pizza!" They watch the show chopped with us often can  you tell :) So when I cook something I either hear... "mom you are chopped or not chopped!"

I am so thankful for my babies.. even if they are my only gems they are precious to me!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I miss you guys! And I'm sorry I didn't get to go to Scientopia with you.. Anyways, I love looking at this and seeing my little munchkins and the rest of you guys! <3 love ya sissy

    ReplyDelete