Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Friday, March 18, 2011

DEAR day

                                        DROP EVERYTHING AND READ DAY take 3
I tried a few days ago but my throat hurt and reading just wasn't the best thing
We stayed in our PJ's ALL Day today. What a great idea! They were already dressed for bed tonight and also less laundry to clean. Mat might have to get used to us wearing the same thing when he leaves for work and when he comes home :) Just make sure you call me before you stop by please :)
So I did paper work this morning while the kiddos played which they did very nicely I might add. I found Kaitlyn in the puzzle corner just have a dandy old time pulling out every puzzle.

  But how could a mom get mad at that face???

Then while the boys played with legos I told Kaitlyn to go and get a book for me to read to her. She ran excitedly to her room and came bounding back to me book in hand. We sat down read that book, I told her to take it back and get another.. She did... Then after the 4th book her brothers finally caught on that I was reading and came to sit down.. Kaitlyn wasn't too happy about this and made her feelings known by saying NO MOVE while trying to push them away!  Well the book she chose didn't interest the boys so they left and it was back to our girl time. She was so happy to have some mommy time by herself. I need to make it a point to do this more often!

We ate lunch and cleaned up then it was time to get reading.. a huge pile of books, and getting cozy in mommy's bed .. We were set to go. Of course the boys picked this book.. Now this is one of the privileges of having boys... You get to read books like this.....


 IF you have a boy.. YOU HAVE TO GET THIS BOOK!!!! My boys love it and laugh the entire book. Which of course gets me laughing too. If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would sit and read a book about POOP to my kids I would have thought you were crazy... But little did I know how boys and POOP go together  ( I have never told you my POOP story have I???... I will save that for later date :)






  The adventures within the pages included Puss and Boots, What's in a River, Mercer Mayer books, and many others. And hour and a half later my voice was almost gone so it was time to watch their netflix movie while I got busy in the kitchen.....
 The menu tonight was pork chops baked in gravy which I found on
I changed the recipe a bit after reading the reviews and am happy to say this recipe is a keeper. Mat loved it!! Kaitlyn ate like there was no tomorrow and they boys even ate it but of course not without our prompting



 I also made wild rice and sauteed corn and broccoli
of course Mat put gravy on it all :)I also might add it was a low carb dinner except for the rice! Mat is going low carb again!! Would love recipe ideas if you have any!


Tomorrow I am hosting a birthday dinner for my brother so I got the chicken marinating for that and also made my first GLUTEN FREE chocolate chip cookies. I used my  favorite recipe from Mrs. Field and just replaced the wheat flour with Rice flour and used half butter half apple sauce. And guess what???? You can barely taste the difference!!! The only thing I noticed is that they seem to burn on the bottom a bit quicker so I had to watch them closely which I found out after the 1st batch came out burnt to the crisp on
 the bottom..oops... Here is the recipe in case you are wondering....
  Gluten Free Blue-Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 C Rice Flour                     1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt                                1 1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar                               1/2 C butter
1/2 C apple sauce                      2 large eggs
2 tsp Vanilla                             2 C semi sweet Choc. chips

Pre-heat oven to 350. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients . Then add flour mixture. Then bake but keep a close eye to make sure bottoms don't burn! Enjoy!



This is the first time in years I was able to eat a Chocolate Chip Cookie and not pay for it a hour later by being sick all night!!! It was a good day and looks like despite all the RAIN we are going to be having a good weekend!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


1 comment:

  1. That is a face you could never get mad at! Some of my best memories with you guys are our just cozy, jammy days. You are a wonderful wife & mom Jenny. And I agree about boys & poop!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete