Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Monday!

Monday.. we have a love/hate relationship. I love the new week full of new mercies, adventures and that Mat is off.... the hate.... how it is so hard to get back into routine after the weekend and just getting out of bed is hard not to mention the messy house I have to wake up too. But today was a Monday like all others.... school, swimming lessons, grocery shopping, doctors appt, and major house cleaning, leftovers for dinner and back to early bed time. But the one thing different about today was on what a bad note it started on because of my negative/ tired attitude to the major overhaul God did in my heart, His grace and forgiveness and the wonderful way my day is ending.... Time spent with my beloved reading Teach Them Diligently by Lou Priolo...



I actaully got a head start and began reading this book a few days ago but who how timely it is for us... It isn't a "New" parenting method but just a gentle reminder of how to use God's word to train our children. Why do we think we need all these others things when all we need is right in front of us???
2 Timothy3:15, 16 " and how infancy you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," A person can't change in ways that are pleasing to God apart from the Word. Every single behavior God in His word talks about. So why don't I use the word like I should. 1. Because I am lazy... it takes work to study, and then teach to my kids.  2. I forget that my kids aren't disobeying, lying or whatever against me alone.. but above all... God! I am so quick to get angry when I think I have been sinned against... but before I look at their sin I need to look at MINE... Remember the verse.. Get the log out of my eye before I see the speck in my child's. Wow how many times have I heard that and applied it with my marriage, family or friendships but I have never thought about it in regards to my children.....
    I am really looking forward to what God is going to teach Mat and I as we study what this really means. I pray also that God helps us to be doers of the word and not just hearers only... I pray we are able to put into practice using God's word to convict and instruct our kiddos! I am going to end with a question the book began with...

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself what it is you are trying to accomplish as a parent? What exactly is your objective??????
"And we proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ." Col 1:28 You don't have to wonder what your child should become. You know what your child is supposed to look like when you're finished training him. He is to look like Jesus Christ. Lou Priolo
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment