Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wood Name signs for a nursery


 I made these signs for 2 friends baby girls nurseries. 
I had a lot of fun using Modpodge for the first time.
I used a wooden fence board cut down into squares and sanded. 
Then I found scrapbook paper that went with their nursery theme's- Raggady Anne and a jungle. 
I painted the back and sides of the squares with arcylic paint.


Next came mod podging ( not sure if that is a real word :) the scrapbook paper on the board.... 

 After that dried I modpodged the buttons on and the other embellishments ( the Raggady Ann was from the invites)

 I did the same thing with this one however I wanted to shape the letters differently so I used another scrapbook paper and then modpodged the buttons over it


 The ribbon is stapled in the back

I can't wait for the next baby shower to make more :)


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I saw this name sign (the brown and pink zebra) on Pinterest and it is SO cute. I am looking for something similar for our daughter's nursery. (She is due in April.) If you have some pointers you wouldn't mind sharing, I would appreciate it.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete