Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

how in the world are you 7 already??

Our first born.. You changed my life forever... You made me a mommy!! From the beginning dear son you broke the mold. We didn't think we could get pregnant but the positive pregancy test said that God had other plans than what the doctors said. He gave us you... During the 36th week of pregnancy you got real comfy sitting with you head under my ribs . Even with the force of 2 male doctors pushing trying to flip you.. you didn't budge... so a c-section was scheduled for Nov. 3rd at 8 am...

  Wow driving to the hospital on that rainy morning was such a surreal moment. I was really nervous about the surgery however I was so thankful for the doctor God blessed us with,! a christian named Dr. Oliver. Once on the operation table Dr. Oliver asked " So do you think you are numb enough to start?" Oh my gosh my heart stopped! I guess I could get more nervous than I already was!! How was I supposed to know if I was numb enough?? .....well then he said " Oh don't worry we started 5 minutes ago :)" A few minutes later you came out healthy and crying. I now have a forever scar that reminds me of the precious gift I was given.




 


 As a baby you were a cuddle bug that we called bobble head.. well you really had no choice about the cuddle part because you were the 1st for everyone and there were always hands ready to hold you!
 At a very young age you loved to listen to books. At 6 months you could sit for over 30 minutes reading stories.. It was actually the story reader who got tired first :)





Your 1st birthday cake... can't say you didn't enjoy it :)  
2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday

  


           
4th Birthday

5th Birthday


Now my not so little boy you have grown to be a 7 year old who has an amazing love for animals. Animal facts and discovery shows are your favorite. Your wit leaves mom and dad speechless.


You can talk, and talk and talk :) I pray that you use your gift of gab to the glory of the one who made you. PS 139: 13-16   "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.I will praise You, for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And [that] my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, [And] skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When [as yet there were] none of them."


Col 4:6 "[Let] your speech always [be] with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one."




 When you grow up you want to be a cop or an animal adventurer ( someone who explores new places and discovers new things about animals.


To celebrate your 7th birthday we took some friends to the jump house and came back home for pizza and build your own cupcakes! It was a wonderful day to begin your 7th year of life!


6th Birthday
 Happy 7th Birthday Son!











 Col 1: 9-10 "For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord,to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;"

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this blog Jenny. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete