Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A few mornings ago...



I woke up to the sweetest thing.... Jayden had gotten himself and Zack up and got dressed. They did their chores. Jayden than made all 3 of them breakfast along with a chocolate milk. He sat them at the table and prayed that God would help them be good, kind boys today and that they would glorify Him. While eating they spilled some cereal on the floor so the boys got the vacuum out and cleaned up the mess. The whole time Jayden kept saying shhhhh lets be quiet so we don't wake up mommy and daddy!

I really appreciate this right now because morning sickness is out in full force. It is actually all day sickness for me :( God definitely gave me pregnancy amnesia because I don't remember it being this rough. But my family has been wonderful.  We have just been doing the bare essentials. I am so thankful for thanksgiving because it left us with leftovers for almost a week.. But now the leftovers have run out and  I have to get back into the kitchen....  Looks like cereal for dinner!  Mat said this is just a short time (but seems to be it has been going on FOREVER already!)



We had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. My parents and sister came over. Of course we had too much food. Mat had to work that night so my mom and sis stayed over. I made the turkey.Well it was a combined effort... I made the Maple- Cider Brine ( our new favorite, the turkey was so moist!) and Mat prepared the 22lb bird!! My mom made the ham (Zack's favorite).

                                 
My mom got the kids some speciall treats from Buttercream Bakery in Napa... Can you tell they were just a little excited about them :)





 Of course we ate too much... I was even able to eat some turkey and potatoes and not get sick!!

   Following our yearly tradition despite morning sickness Tays and I did a bit of black Friday shopping.... We left at 5pm Thursday night and were back by 8pm.... yeah not like years past but hey at least it was something. I mean I was the crazy lady who when Jayden was 10 days old convinced Mat to go to best buy with me on Black Friday.. Lets just say I will never get Mat out on black Friday again. I scared him for life! But my sister and I have carried on the tradition every year and usually I look forward to the 3:45 am alarm that awakens me telling me to get my shop on.  But that wasn't happenin this year :)

We had a wonderful day and everyday  since I have heard.. "It is almost Christmas"... "Is Christmas here yet" :) The countdown begins today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment