Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankfulness

Thankfulness isn't something that you are it is something you choose. In the hardest moments in life we can choose to be thankful. Even though I am not in one of the "hardest" moments in life right now I know friends and family who are and  that I may be one day. Col 3: 16-17 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Thanks-  when we see grace in our lives. The Grace of God to us who don't deserve it. Have you stopped and looked at what God has graciously given you today???  I haven't yet and so often I fail to do this. But today.. I am taking a minute... or more to stop and look at  where I can see God's grace to me and be thankful... So in no particular order....

I am ThAnKfUl for

Dirty Laundry- because it means that I have a family

Computer- making it easier to keep in contact with friends and family

Queen Size Bed- Perfect size for just the 2 of us yet completely squishy with all of us 
 family cuddle time wouldn't be complete without the toes in your face while being squished like a pancake  :)

Hope- The hope I have been given in Christ

Mercy- That is new every morning

Homeschooling- For the work God is doing in each one of us!

Music- Because when turned up loud it makes cleaning so much more fun  :)

Our House- When it is full of friends and family

Sickness- Shows me what a wonderful, caring, helpful family I have!

My Husband- For all the he is 

My Kids- How God has made each one so unique 

Friends and Family-  They are evidences of God's love and mercy 

Holidays- The excitement, joy and traditions each one brings

My Bible- It is the food for my soul 



I read this and thought it was a good reminder to not just be thankful once a year but make it a daily habit .Giving thanks to the One who holds the world in His hands and who gives us everything!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?"


P.S. Check back in the next few days.... I have something exciting to share.... :)

1 comment: