Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A whole hand

Dear Zacky  (as Kaitlyn calls you) ,


 You turned 5 last Thursday.... a whole hand. Waking up on your birthday morning you said " Its my birthday.. I am 5 now... do I look bigger mom??" Oh yes to me you look bigger... Much bigger than you did just 5 short years ago.
 




 9:10 am on September 22nd 2006 you made your grand entarence into this world. Weighing in at 7lbs 8oz and 20 1/2 inches ( mommy's biggest baby :)! You were our only one that we kept the sex a surprise the whole pregnancy( I have no idea how we did this) and I have to admit, daddy was right... He knew you were going to be a Zack and not a Kayley :) It was love at first sight for your mommy and daddy....


Just seconds old here... 






Father/Son Bonding Time



The night before you were born these 2 amazing ladies brought me into L&D around 6:30pm. You were already 7 days past your due date. I was scheduled to come in for an induction the next day.. But you got things started on your own. Praise God!


 We called daddy and told him it was baby day.He was happy to have his work week cut short and quickly rushed to the hospital. Things took a little bit longer than planned so daddy took a nap... or more like went to sleep for the night :)


I didn't mind as long as I had that AMAZING hospital ice to crunch on I was a happy women ( oh and the epidural helped too :) * I was looking forward to this ice my entire pregnancy.... and still dream about it to this day, the little balls of ice that crunch so perfectly.. ok enough about the ice mom lets get back to my birthday day :)


 13 hrs of labor and 3 pushes later... You entered this world!!!






You were a baby who liked to move... so mommy would wear you all around the house in a carrier while doing dishes and chasing after your brother



The first few weeks were pretty brutal... I had many hands come over and hold you because you weren't to fond of sleep and would fuss a lot when you weren't held.... Nana had this thing called that baby rock which you loved...



 then a wise mom suggested that we try something... but shhh don't tell the doctors......
 sleeping on your little tummy

And you went from this.... to this




From there on out as long as you had mommy to nurse and your tummy to sleep on you were a very happy content little guy!





9 Months

First Steps... just a few weeks before your 1st Birthday!!


Your 1 Today!! 
Not sure how much actually got in your mouth??


You used to love to cover yourself with food, ice cream, mom's shaving cream, soap, dirt, and even your brother's poop... Yes you read that right... While playing outside, Jayden had a massive poop explosion and you proceeded to cover yourself, Jayden, the sidewalk, and the item in the recycling bin with POOP! When I walked out I no longer had white children.... but brown children. Flies from the four corners of the earth had also found there way to this exploration.... Mommy freaked out first and then cleaned the whole mess... But how could I get mad at that face????


You had soo many ear infections that at 14 months you had to have surgery to put tubes in....

2 Year Olds




When your little sister was born you pretty much ignored her completely for the first 6 months .. but a few days after bringing her home I caught you in her room changing this baby's diapers and feeding her :) It melted my 
♥!!




You are all boy my son
 Some days you want to be a super hero when you grow up


Other days a Cop....

 and yet on other days.. a fire man


On your 3rd Birthday we had a fireman party that included a tour of the local fire station!!!


But whatever you become when you grow up my son.. I pray that you become a man who first loves the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul... Ps 119:9 " How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to His word."




This was they day that I "dated you" You picked the place to eat and we went a saw a movie... A wonderful memory was made that you still talk about to this day
                   
On your 4th Birthday we were camping.. Opening presents in the woods :)
                        

Following camping was a spiderman celebration at the park with your friends!


Oh our little Zack Attack.... We found out that trips to the ER was going to be a frequent occurrence  with you. Our first was when you were 1 and decided to jump out of the shopping cart and landed on the floor!! then your elbows like to dislocate... but boy were you a trouper when the ER doctor misdiagnosed you casting  your dislocated elbow for a whole week.... if he would have just listened to your momma...

Your also quite the fashion man who LOVES to get new clothes... Your Mimi just loves this :)


Now sometimes mom has to question your fashion sense a bit but you are learning....
 You once told me " Mommy you look prettier with your hair down like that , not up and silly :)" Age 3




And now my sweet boy you are 5 years old.... 


Your friends came over for lunch to help you celebrate

Then it was baseball awards the night
 I thank God for giving our family such a special gift that you are my son. My prayer for you is that you remember where your help comes from. That you look to the author and perfecter of your faith to see what kind of man that He wants you to become. He is holding you in His merciful, grace giving hands even now my son.


Isaiah 46:3,4 " "Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." 


 Remember a man is the strongest when he is on his knees. Jeremiah 33: 3 (paraphrased)
" Call to Me Zackary, and I WILL answer you, and show you Zack great and mighty things, which you do not know."


I love that you still love to cuddle, the way you laugh when you are tickled, how ever since you were little you wanted to do everything "myself" and like your big brother, how you enjoy having work to-do and a schedule, that you have to move all the time even if it is just your little toes :), and how you are learning to read. I love YOU my Zack Zack !


Happy 5th Birthday little man! 
We love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment