Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Monday, October 10, 2011

"Stay- cation"

My Mom had the kids this weekend for 3 whole days... Mat and I had a "stay-cation"  and guess what we did... Rest, relax, sleep in and do nothing.... NO WAY.. Not us.... We got the crazy idea to start landscaping the back yard and begin getting ready for a garden... Wow that was a lot of work... 3 4 trips to Home Depot.... pulled out 4 very stubborn stumps. Mat made garden boxes. We planted bushes, herbs and an avocado tree. Yep it was a dirt under the nails kind of weekend but it was a blast cause we were together and able to work uninterrupted!!! Now we did go out to eat, saw Courageous ( Warning bring a whole BOX of tissue.. I cried like a baby! But is was a great movie!),

 and guess what else we did for the 1st time... Garage saleing... Wow I can't believe I just admitted that. We are getting old eh? Anyways after the deal that we got I am HOOKED and can't wait to go next week....

 Been looking at Pinerest too much still and have some fun ideas for these things!!

And this is what caught me hook, line and sinker





We brought $35 cash with us cause we wanted to make sure we spent no more than that.. So when I saw this beautiful chest/storage/coffee table  I was sure it was going to be more. But when I went up to pay for the other things like Mat's 13 books :) I asked how much it was..  When they said $5 dollars I was shocked and  asked " how much?" and again he said $5.. Mat gave me the look like" take the deal and run honey"..  That is what I did.. So with $20 still in our pockets we returned home with all you see in the pictures plus Mat's 13 books and 3 garden boxes.


It was a wonderful weekend with my honey and we were both very excited to pick up our kiddos today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment