Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Filled to the Brim

I don't think I could pack anything more into this week... it is filled to the brim at the brink of overflowing. However I took time this morning to sit at my Saviors feet and enjoy sweet communion. 


 While reading John 1:1- 18 I am reminded that The Word who spoke the world into being with just a single word in Gen 1:3  " Then God said " let there be light." and there was light.". He created light. Then he came into this world became the light to shine for men to see. He came to bring the grace, truth, mercy, and forgiveness from the bosom of the Father in heaven to us who are in darkness apart from Him. 

 So today and the rest of my busy week I pray that I remember the greatness of my Savior. When I may get worried, and overwhelmed with all the tasks to do I need to remember who my Savior is. The amazing work He did on my behalf. Coming down from glory to shine as a light for me to see, to suffer and die on my behalf. My Savior who created the world with a word and who while nailed to the cross taking the punishment of my sin was upholding the world still. Talk about a filled to the brink kind of day!  So who am I to think that He won't help me with all that I need to do this week!!!!

John 1; 1- 18
 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him  and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. and the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John, This was came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light,that all through him might believe, He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 
 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. He was in the world and the world was made through Him and the world did not know Him. He came to His own and His own did not receive Him.
 But as many as received Him, to them He gave to right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name. Who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man , but of God.
  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory. the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
  John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying " This was He of whom I said, " He who comes after men is preferred before me, for He was before me.' " And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth come through Jesus Christ. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son. who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment