Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

To simply remember my favorite things.......

When the dog bites... when the bee stings... when I am feeling sad... I simply remember my favorite things.. then I don't feel so bad.... My all time favorite movie.... EVER..... Sound of Music. The hills are alive with the Sound of Music .. Ok I will stop now :)
A few days ago I read a blog post from my friend who made a list of her favorite things.... I loved the idea (thanks Stef :) So now I am going to attempt to write a list of what I love.. Not sure how long it will be and it won't be in any particular order  but here it goes....

 Warm Sunny Days
I really really don't like being cold

Healthy Kids
After being sick almost all of last year I have come to love fever, boogie, extra cranky free days

My husband
who brings home flowers and fudgesicles

Family and Friend Game Nights
Oh the memories we have made :)

  The time of the morning
not a creature is stirring not even a mouse
  it is just me, my bible and God!

 Getting into a warm car 
after it has been sitting in the sun!

 See's chocolate suckers
 The smell of a pinesol clean house
 How I feel after a long run
Just wish that would motivate me to actually run!

 Cherries
I am eagerly anticipating the first sighting of the stands along the road to my moms house.... should be soon very soon

 Good Hair days
when it just seems to "work"

 My house filled with friends
 kids making messes in every room and people full and happy!!

 A huge glass of ice cold peach tea 

 The perfect ice they give you at the hospital

 The time of day when 
I get to take my jeans off, pull my hair up and get my comfy sweats on!

 The book of James
 1:2,3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 

 Reading blogs of other mom's
who have been there/ done that :)

 Baby Feet
I love to smell and love on them :)

 The scent of Vanilla

 A Clean Garage
I savor the 2 minutes it stays clean  :)

 Blogging
So I know that I won't have to remember what I want/need to.. 
I can just go back and read it :) 

 Laundry that is folded and put away
 A rare event in our house.. at least the put away part

 Clearance Racks

  My Family
Both near and far
 Time Period Dramas
 The movies that you have to really "listen to" as Mat says :)

 Sundays
Teaching my 3 yr olds, worshiping with the saints, receiving the "honey" for my soul, 
 Mat's 1st day off!!

 Blasting Music
My kids come running
 wait for their turn to dance with mommy :) It is a workout I tell ya :)

Road Trips
Car packed with snacks and excited kids 

 Laying by a pool
A good novel, See's sucker and Peach Tea a MUST  

 Sunglasses and flip flops

 Baking
Decorating Cakes

Writing To-Do Lists
 With a freshly sharpened pencil

Family Devotions

Home School Catalogs 

Writing Lists of things I LOVE :)

 
 

1 comment: