Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hair Cutting

I just have to post about it because looking back at Saturday I can see the humor in it all now.... 
A relaxing morning of catching up on TV shows that have been in the DVR for weeks
working on a few photo movies, 
planning my baby girls 2nd Birthday Party and ordering the invites 
were all that was accomplished  
all while sitting on the couch.... What me sitting?? I know crazy. 
But I think that is just what my body needed time to just chill. 
All this chillin lead to a moment of guilt as I gazed around my home
Seeing the mountain of messes building up. 
Kids were happily going from playing in their rooms to running around out side  
They left trails of their adventures in every room. But oh I couldn't stop them... they were actually playing TOGETHER and not against each other.
Kaitlyn even tried to get herself dressed..




I walked past the pile of dishes that were slowing overflowing to the counter about 10 times
until they started talking to me.... " JENNY, JENNY, JENNY!" What your pile of dirty dishes never calls to you :) Ok well maybe I am a bit crazy. Anyways enough was enough.... Time to get up...
The Petit  hair salon was now open for business.... 
Zack had the first appointment.... 

 Before

After
While Zack was getting his hair cut in our back yard my dear sister ( who spent a few days with us) was giving Kaitlyn a bath.
Zack joined his sister in the bath while Jayden has his appointment with the scissors. 

 Before



A raging water fight began in the bath tub so my wonderful sister came to the rescue and removed little miss Katie from the situation. 
Jayden then joined his brother in the bath.
Now my sis and I were in the cutting mood it seems as we began giving our dog a much needed spring trim... 
Then we hear yelling.. this time it wasn't the dishes calling my name... It went more like this... " Mommy Mommy Kaitlyn is in here.. Mommy Mommy Kaitlyn is in the bath" 
Yep guess the bathing beauty wasn't done with her bath yet... She got right in diaper and all. 
So the puppy trim was put on hold as I got her out and changed AGAIN..
 We closed our hair salon and then went to take a shower.....

 The shower did wonders and I got another wave of energy and called a family meeting.
The kids had 2 minutes to finish what they were doing and meet in the living room. 
I preceded to give them their instructions for the next hour. 
 The motivation was an Easter egg coloring extravaganza in the back yard after the whole house was clean.
Our meeting was concluded with everyone putting their hands in and shouting... 1 2 3 lets go!!
Music was then turned up loud... 
Timer set for 1 hr 
We all got busy doing our assigned chores.  
Jayden kept saying while dusting the house " I love family meeting, Mom can we do that again ?" 
Oh of course we can son... Any way to make you guys want to and enjoy cleaning :) 
Tayler had floor duty......


It was then that she saw a long whisp of curly hair laying on the floor. 
" What is this?" she asks..
I respond with "oh that must be Zack's hair..." 
but then we both look at it once more then... "OH NO!!!!!!" 
In disbelief I look at my beautiful daughter and I see it.. 
A chunk of hair right on the top of her head gone!!!!! ZACKARY!!!!! Come here right now!!! 
" Mom Kaitlyn wanted a hair cut too" as he burst into tears and so did mommy.
Zack gave Kaitlyn her first hair cut.. 
Not quite how I was picturing her first hair cut 
but I did still save that whisp of curl and will forever remember how it got to be in that zip lock bag!!!


 SO she will be wearing her hair like this for awhile :)




After the emotional moment cleaning was resumed and completed in an amazing 46 minutes!! I love it... then it was time for egg coloring :)




















2 comments:

  1. Loved this post!! Reminds me of so many days in our lovely home. Especially the fact that your dishes and housework talks to you. Mine does too :)

    You did a great job with the haircuts! Ethan got his 2nd mohawk today :) He gets all excited about it. He told me "I just like when I looked in a mirror last time I had it and I felt so good about myself." Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really imagine being there with your great descriptive writing and photos. I love reading these as I can see you guys inbetween our visits and not miss you all so much. Tayler loved her time at the Petits hair salon!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete