Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Friday, April 15, 2011

So Done

I am so done being sick. I feel like I have had a cold/ sore throat for over a month now!!! I was thinking it may be allergies however just yesterday Mat came down with the cold so maybe my body has been fighting a cold this whole time?? I have no idea but I do know I would like it to take a hike.. Like NOW!!! Ok that was my rant about that.......
Now on the this week's happenings.... 
Swimming and dinner and game night at our friends Monday night..... 
Tuesday.. Why can't I remember what I did Tuesday.. Oh yes we had a meeting with our CT that went really well and then park day with Youngsters Club... 
Wednesday was kid sitting day... watch 2 sets of kids for friends one early afternoon and the other stayed the night with us. We are  blessed with all the wonderful friends God has given us!!
Yesterday my mom took my boys on an adventure. My baby girl and I did our grocery shopping. It was really a fun time spent with her. I guess she likes having my undivided attention.She talked,I checked off my list, she talked some more to everyone else who would listen. Saying "Hi" to as many people she could. They would say "Hi" back but then she would continue saying "Hi". I guess it was a fun game.. "See how many times the same person will say  "Hi" to me game :)
Mat got off early so he went with us to bring a meal to my friend who just had a baby then we used a gift cert to get dinner. 
Today I picked up my boys and sister and went to my friends house where Tays and I painted her little girls nursery... It turned out really cute if I do say so myself :)
Now I am sitting on the couch and can't move. Being sick isn't helping with my lack of motivation. I am having a hard time with feeling that even though I have done so much there is still so much that I need to do. 
How do you relax with so much to-do???
Or is this just a time in life where there isn't much relaxing?? 
I have been trying to take time to "stop and smell the roses"
well actually I haven't smelt much lately but you know what I mean.
But like at this moment there is 16 goldfish that Kaitlyn just spilled on the floor ( yes I did count them... and I have no idea why :) that I should get the vacuum and pick up, I need to put dinner in the oven ( I am so thankful I froze a pot pie a few weeks ago because it would have been a find it and fix it kind of night), I have a chore list to write,
 Clothes that have been asking to be hung for 2 days now in my room, a Photo DVD to do, eggs to hard boil so we can decorate them in the morning, Sunday school craft to plan,

So as I was typing this my computer crashed and I was able to pick up the gold fish( the crumbs are still there), dinner was put in the oven, jump with Kaitlyn on the trampoline... all in 5 minutes

God just showed me that what I was grumbling and complaining about were little things that I needed to just take a minute and deal with them. The other things will get done but maybe just not when I planned because God put other things in my day that I didn't plan but were more important.. Like spending a few minutes to laugh and jump with my kids. They for sure don't care about my list of things to-do ( oh to be a kid again!!)  Me being sick is part of His plan for my day to... Maybe for me to learn to just relax and not worry about all the things to do. Will I ever learn that???


Well now before my computer decides to shut down again I will go and do a few more things on my list.... Baby Steps :)

Happy Friday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment