Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It is raining it is pouring

 
Its raining, its pouring.... mommy feels like snoring:) I know we need rain and all but I don't like it much. When it is raining I usually like to hibernate.. So the past few days we have been doing just that. The boys are going a little stir crazy so when daddy got home early Thursday I let the kids go out and play while he tended to his chickens :) I was passing the window when I saw Kaitlyn with her boots off and Zack was bending down to help her roll up her pants.. They had made some plans together it seems :) I rushed to get my camera to get it caught on film that he does actually help his sister :) But I was too late... They had already made the plunge


 Daddy said "Ok guys it is time to go out" He took us out to get a frozen yogurt at our new favorite spot in Vacaville. For a moment we forgot that it was raining and dreams of warm summer days filled our minds.... ahhh




Earlier this week I planned a field trip with CHSC to the sticker factory... It was a really neat day with my oldest and my mom (Zack and Kaitlyn were sick so Mat stayed home with them)







  

It was my Dad's 50th birthday this week. It was a very memorable one.. I will let the pictures explain...











 



A Man vs. Food Challenge... And the MAN won :) He beat a 12 pattie cheeseburger which translates to 4 pounds of beef and 1 1/2 pounds of cheese, sauteed onions and a bun!!! About an hour later this huge burger was reduced to a memory. He bet the record and now he gets a t- shirt and his name and picture on the wall. Not to mention the bragging rights of eating the biggest burger the owner had ever seen and the biggest burger eaten in the 17 years the restaurant has been there!!!!
Poor guy couldn't sit down after and I guess didn't sleep very well that night :) He might not ever eat another burger again but he for sure won't forgot when he did when he turned the big 5 - 0 :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't say enough how much I truly enjoy your bloging adventures! I look forward to these virtual cyberspace diaries! Matt is a wonderful guy & we are so happy you guys are a forever couple! And I do have such cute, talented & wonderful kids & grandkids!
    Did dad actually eat all those burgers! yuk, he can really pack it away.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete