Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Clothes

  If you happen to stop by on any given day you might happen to see this.....




After being in complete shock upon receiving our electricity bill the past few months we decided it was time to make some changes... Being on the phone with PG&E for almost 2 hrs didn't help much therefore the next best thing was to go on facebook and get some ideas from friends... and good ideas is what we got... it looks like our dryer since it is electric might be one of the causes ...... sooooooo
I went to Target and got 2 metal drying racks. It looks like we are going to need about 3 more or else I will have clothes hanging all over my house to dry!!! Our load yesterday ended up hanging on the my kitchen chairs too :) Thanks Grandma for this idea!!!! It will be nice in the summer to be able to put them to dry outside then we won't have to wait a whole day for them be folded and put away!!! Having the "messy" look is very hard for me I have to admit. I think that will be the hardest part of this process.. not even the extra step it takes or the fact that laundry has to be done more frequently and in smaller loads.  When my house "looks" clean I feel so much better. But I am sure it will be worth it when I get our bill next month!!!
     We have also made sure that during the day ALL lights are turned off and only come one when the sun goes down ( can't wait for it is start staying lighter longer :) Our heater has been turned off at night ( I woke up the morning to a freezing temp of 57!!) and only on for a short time in the am. It does help that we are now having spring like weather in the afternoon!
     So we shall see if these efforts will keep more money in our pocket!!!! I will let you know if we see a difference . I would love any other energy saving ideas that have worked for your family as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment