Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Your 29th Birthday........

This is your 10th birthday that I have been privileged to celebrate with you and 8 of those years as your wife. Remember a few years ago when we wrote out the lists of 100 things that we love about each other.... At first we thought that coming up with 100 things would take time and a lot of thinking but were pleasantly surprised when 80 then 90 and 100 things were quickly written. I loved sharing my list with you because it is so easy  for me to get into a routine and neglect to tell you how much I love, admire, appreciate, respect, and thank my merciful God for giving me a man after His own heart....
So I thought that on this your 29th birthday I would remind you of 29 things I LOVE about you in no particular order...

1.  Your desire to grow into the man God would have you be
2. For being a leader who knows where his help comes from... From the Lord the maker of heaven and earth
3. Your French Canadian side-even though after all these years I still can't speak/understand french
4. Your love of your family and desire to be with us above all else (except maybe your chickens :)
5. How you work so hard for us- what a wonderful example you are giving our children.. I am so thankful for this
6. Your humor and how you can laugh at yourself
7. Your humility
8. How you teach me to just chill, that it is ok to sit down once and awhile
9. You in your uniform - ever since I was a little girl I wanted to married a man in uniform... God does give you the desires of your heart :)
10. I love how you think of the "little" things to surprise me... like bringing home a bag full of cherries :)
11.Your knowledge of history and politics- You are my political info source since I lack the motivation to find it out on my own :)
12. How you research what to buy in order to save time and money
13. That you can do the basics that are needed to care for our cars
14. Your an AMAZING dad to our children
15. I love how you get a passion and run with it... even if it means my backyard is filled with way too many feathered friends at the moment.
16. How you love to date me still even after all these years
17. I love your hands... strong, hard working, yet tender and soft all in one!
18.You don't mind always being in the driver seat
19. Your not too manly to not clip coupons, and help me shop..
20. Your respect for the law and desire to NEVER break it.. even if it drives me a bit crazy.. I do love this about U :)
21. Your ability to fall asleep no matter what the noise level is in our house ( especially when you are on night shift and asleep during the day and I decide to have a play day with over 15 kiddos )
22. Your Family and your love for my family
23. That you will change a diaper, do the dishes, clean the bathrooms, and whatever else is needed at the moment.. you really have a servants heart
24. That you love Jesus more than me
25. Your desire to protect and your patience in reminding me of the dangers that are out there :) What can I say I am a Napa girl who leaves everything unlocked
26. The way you still make my heart melt- shhh it is a secret but I have a major crush on you !!!
27. Your ability to talk with anyone, at any age, your a great conversationalist ( wow what a word that is )
28. How you will put others wants, needs and desires above your own
And last but definitely not least......

29. How you always leave the toilet seat down :)

I love you for being You... all that God fashioned  you to be is everything I LOVE..
Oh and I love that you are going to be the BIG 3- 0 before me :) Next Year baby :) Sorry I just had to rub that in.

Happy 29th Birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment