Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Monday, July 4, 2011

Last week of June 2011

And live it up we did :).....  Last Saturday Mat and I made the decision to turn off cable for a week... it has been 6 days and we have survived... 6 days in the Petit household without cable television.. Wow people this is a monumentous event :) Like one of those things that only happen once in your lifetime :) Well actually now that we know we can survive we are considering calling and canceling... Wow!!! Now that is serious :) Why would we do such a thing you ask... Well we have been convicted lately about how we miss manage and waste our time on watching TV. Not to mention wasting our money... We still have netflix and for those shows we can't live without ( So you think you can Dance for me and Cops for Mat) we can watch them online... Even though I don't watch much TV during the day I have been having the kids watch it... so this will be good for all of us :) Now lets just see if I actually get the courage to call the cable company to make the cancellation official.......

Last week after being asked what good books I am currently reading I was ashamed to say none really... Wow I realized that since school ended almost a month ago I hadn't been reading much beside my bible.. So after organizing my closets last week I found and have now started...

The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
Helper by Design by Elyse Fitzpatrick

Wow God know just what I need to read... Can't wait to see what He is going to teach me through these... And now that we aren't watching tv at night I should finish these at least before summer is over :)

Mat worked 76 hrs this week! Needless to say we were so excited for his day off Tuesday. T ball was canceled because of the RAIN.. yes RAIN at the end of JUNE.. Crazy I tell ya!!! So we had a nice evening just relaxing.... Wednesday Mat took the boys fishing for the first time.. I am sad I didn't get pictures but that is because I wasn't there :) They didn't catch anything but weeds but still had a great time.
Wednesday while the boys were fishing we did some shopping.. my baby girl likes to shop..... she was so excited to get some sun glasses ( they paid me $3.00 for them :) and then I took her to pick out a big girl bed....... The past few months she had been waking up anywhere from 12am to 3am crying for me... So I would go in and get her and bring her to bed with us. Can you tell she is the 3rd child and all we care about is sleep at this point? It is nothing like with our 1st when we said he would NEVER sleep with us :) Well the sleeping in our bed was ok when Mat was gone but last week Daddy said enough was enough.... So this past week I have felt like I had a new born again... waking up every few hrs.... I go in give her a hug and a kiss and then tell her to stay in her bed and go back to sleep like a big girl. The first few nights were rough but now I am so happy to say... SHE IS SLEEPING IN HER BED!!!!! She is so excited to sleep in her big girl Dora bed.. When someone comes to the house that is the 1st thing she wants to show them....




Thursday we took my mom, sister, cousin Trinity and friend Tessera to Discovery Kingdom....


 Nana liked the swings :)
 Zack asked me to take this photo of him :)
 I was so proud of Zack... he went on rides today that he has been too scared to in the past.. Like the balloons and the water raft ride


My mom and I were sitting sharing a giant snow cone while the kids played in the water. We noticed Kaitlyn staring at the ground trying to pick something up.. after about 5 minutes of this we went over to investigate... she was trying to rescue a poor little lady bug who was stuck in the water... She was so happy when Nana came and picked it up and put it in a near by bush :) I have noticed lately that she isn't scared to pick up bugs.. If there is one in the house she will go get a napkin, pick it up and the throw it either in the trash or the toliet... Actually a few days ago she came to me with a fly she was holding by the wing and it wasn't even dead. How she managed to pick it up is beyond me :)She must not of inherited her mother's extreme dislike for bug picking up :)

 Following Discovery Kingdom was a quick run to get dinner and then we were off to the boys 1st official tball game... Jayden got 2 really good hits!!!









Kaitlyn got a hold of the camera this morning :)

We had a wonderful stay home day today... 


I finally conquered the basket of laundry that had been sitting there since Monday haunting me!! House got cleaned. I even had time to let the kids pick something off the Summer To- do list ... and they picked..... 
Water Balloon fight... so water balloon fight is what we did, even mommy :)
Now we are looking forward to a fun filled July!!!

*This was written on Friday... and now it is Monday July 4th already!!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. my goodness, you DID live it up!! Kara is so jealous of the big bear...she wants one so badly :)

    We miss Marine World!! Next time we're in CA we should meet you guys there. Still need to find a park around here like that.
    I loved the self portrait of Kaitlyn :)

    ReplyDelete