Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beach.. Birthday Parties... Busy.. Busy.. :)

Beach, birthday party, and a Daddy on vacation result in a a very busy long weekend. We even tried to throw in going to discovery kingdom yesterday but it started pouring on our way there so we got a frozen yogurt took the kids to the jump house to play instead. What is this raining in June???? I am ready for my California weather please. I put all our winter clothes away but have now had to revisit them ;(
 Last night we turned music on and played with the kids.. first we got out all their playmobile and rebuilt everything for them... then after dinner we had family game night. I love turning the TV off and turning the family fun on :)

While driving to the beach we were rained on. But we didn't let that ruin our parade. I kept saying maybe we should turn around and go home but thankfully Mat didn't listen to me and kept pressing on. When we arrived the rain had stopped and the clouds were rolling away. Guess what..... the rest of the day was AMAZING!!! It was clear skies, warm and not windy at ALL. Perfect day at the beach with friends if I do say so myself. The only thing that but a damper on the fun was my forgetting to put on sun screen and realizing this when it was too late.. Oh boy have I been hurting since then!! A painful reminder of our wonderful day at the beach :) I want to go back like tomorrow. The kids played with sand toys almost the whole time (6hrs) and were COMPLETELY self occupied... I want to go back with a book and actually be able to read it.When we are at home the kids seem to have" mommy has a book radar" they come out from the four corners of the earth :)

 Kaitlyn is 2!!!! Opening gifts on her birthday morning

 She got a small doll house.... Look below to see who was more excited about this gift :)
 We took Kaitlyn to see her first movie in the theater... Rio. She cried when we first walked in . I think because it was dark, loud and HUGE... then once we got her seated with popcorn she was good to go :) Almost sat the whole time!!



 Later that night my mom had a little family party for her.


 More presents... We made the mistake of having her open a pair of sparkly princess shoes first and then that was it.. all she wanted to do was put them on and look at them :) this girl has now a pair of shoes for every day of the week and she is only 2!!!!!



 She how proud she is with those shoes.. She walked around and kept showing everyone :)


Doran BEACH!!!

 The sand was wet from the rain.. Perfect sand castle building weather :)
 :) they played together with those buckets for hours!!
 Oh I just had to take a picture of these crazy people trying to bbq corn without foil  that I forgot to bring... I didn't hear the end of the "not bringing foil" all day!!
 " Mommy look at them in this water.. they are CRAZY.. it is cold.. I will just stand here and watch "  She is my smart girl!!


 Lovin my not so baby any more toes

 Oh how I love the beach and the sand that gets in every nook and cranny :)
 Yep that is who you think it is.. Mat went a swimmin !
 Dillan telling Kaitlyn about his cold water adventures
 My men :)



Next is was get ready for party craziness... I am so thankful for my mom who rescued the boys from the party prep and brought them to her house so they could play and not be given a bunch of chores... And for Mat and my Sister who helped with all the crazy party prep and all my crazy ideas :)

 The cupcakes made by myself and my sister

 Those are sugar cookies we decorated on the cupcakes and below are the ones for the favors


 The snacks
 Enjoying her pizza lunch


 The decoration patterns were bought as a printable file on Etsy
 Center pieces & Favors
 Tays and I hand painted these favors with icing... 5 hrs later we realized how crazy we were :)

 Singing  "happy birthday" with our getto candle :) The one thing that I forgot to buy :)


 Thanks to my sister again who hand wrapped these after her sister woke up with this crazy idea too :)



Thanks so much for everyone who came and made Kaitlyn's Birthday so special. We LOVE you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, fun filled weekend for sure!
    The Elmo party looks like it was a amazing. My kids have never really done Elmo, but I think they'd still enjoy that party :)

    Also, your brother with a wedding ring on... freaky! Makes me feel old for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete