Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On Our Own Day 1

It has been a day of the Petit household minus daddy and the adventure has begun... Look where I found my kiddos this morning....

Busy in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast I hear a bit too many giggles so I went to investigate


*Note you just had a privileged glimpse into the to hidden messes behind our closet doors.... sorry if it scared you! Also if daddy is looking at this I promise it wasn't my idea to put them in the closet :)

When daddy was packing his suit case last night he pulled out our summer gear that I store in the suit case... The kids were so excited they put them on and played on the trampoline for over an hour....


 Oh it is really the little things that make my kids day :) to be a kid again and get joys out of a really tight swim suit/life jacket:)

After the kids came out of the closet we went to a strawberries stand near our house and got some of these delicious morsels...
 She loves herself some strawberries :)
 And mommy got 2 huge bags of her favorite



The plan for the rest of the week is to have lots of fun,  get caught up on play dates, and scrapbooking. So our dinning room table is now scrapbook central.. Looks like we will be having lots of picnic outside :)


 The kids made pages for daddy and showed him tonight on skype (so thankful for modern technology.... I wish we would have had that during our long distance relationship 8 years ago !)
 I think today was the hottest day we have had all year but that didn't stop the boys from having a wonderful time at their first t ball game... Oh how I love my little Indians :)



 Sorry I didn't get any pictures of them actually playing because I was chasing around a very naughty little girl.... This is the moment of the day where I missed daddy the most.. so for our practice on Thursday night we will be enlisting Papa to come and assist us! All in all it has been a good day and am very thankful that God answered our prayer for a good day on the home front and safe travels for our daddy. Thank you for praying for us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment