Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Monday, June 13, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

Wow I can't believe the weekend that we packed so much into is over already.... Friday my baby sister graduated!!! MY LITTLE SISTER is done with High school. Wow I can't believe it.




                                          Wow we have to wait a few more years for this one :)

My mom has now officially retired from her 21yr career as homeschool teacher. Well done mom for all your hard work and self sacrificing  on our behalf. We went to her ceremony and then a small reception at my mom's house afterwards...



Then it was home and off to bed for us because it was up and at 'em at 4 am Saturday morning... by 630 the big red beast ( my parents 15 passanger van) was loaded with our crazy family and we were off to Hornbrook CA....

We made a little pit stop for breakfast with my grandpa....

We all survived the drive and were very happy to finally arrive. The rest of the afternoon was spent four wheeling, shooting, visiting, more four wheeling and rabbit/ squirrel hunting, eating a wonderful dinner (thanks grandma), grandpa stories, a few naps here and there... A big moment in my boys life.... shooting their first gun. It was amazing when they walked in the door with the biggest smile on their face saying.. "mommy guess what... I went hunting :)" They can't wait to tell their friends all about it. I wish I was able to go along and get some pictures :(
  Back in the woods where many childhood memories were made !

 And they are off.............




 Look at that face :).... Sunday morning we were up and running again... this time at Oregon to see our long lost family to celebrate my sister and my cousin David's high school graduation.... We had an amazing time catching up with our family. Thank you Tracy and Family for all your hard work to make this such a special day for all of us. Wonderful memories were made!











 This was hysterical... yep I got it on video.. be on the look out :)
                                                                        ♥Cousins ♥


Party ended and we were loaded in the beast again.... time to drive home....
While driving Mat got a call from his family back home that his grandpa passed away.  We then listened as Mat told us about his grandpa and the funny memories he had with him. Grandpa Roland was 93 years old... Here is a few pictures we took last summer with him...






 Mat is going to Canada to spend a week with his family. He left a few hours ago.... I am so happy that he was able to go and spend this time with his family. I will miss him a lot though. The kids and I are going to keep this week busy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment