Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Monday, June 6, 2011

Why I am really living???

Last night we sang one of my favorite worship songs at church.

The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You 
 
Lately I have been so distracted by life and I have forgotten why I am really living.. To live for Him who has sought, bought, and  forgiven me!  Then as I was reading over my notes from a sermon a few weeks ago I was reminded that we don't live a certain way to earn God's favor. We have already received His favor now we need to live that way!
Eph 1:3-4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love."
 
In this same journal is my notes from my love study I started a few months ago and have yet to continue. 
 
Deut 7:6-9
"For you [are] a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; but because the LORD loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage"
 
God has loved me with an amazing self sacrificing love..I pray that today I live in such a way that this love may be seen by others !

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You
 

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post, Jen. Wish I could write more, but we're staying with friends and I'm trying not to be on the laptop too much :)

    ReplyDelete