Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Monday, May 2, 2011

Excited for Monday Morning???

A week of fun busyness had left me so excited for today... 
for MONDAY morning..... 
waking up early... 
when I say early I mean like 5am early!!! 
Calling my fellow "striving for early rising" mom at 5:30 to wake her up... We both recently read the book  Shopping for Time by Carolyn Mahaney in which we were encouraged to start our own 5:30am club... we are going to shoot for the 5 am club next week... I will let you know how that goes :)
  
I was excited to get back to studying Ephesians and Proverbs while sitting in a quite living room with my glass of peach iced tea (it's like coffee for me :)
Time alone... Just me and my Father 

By 6:45 the house was still quite the sun was shinning so I got dressed and hit the bricks.... 5 miles later I returned to still sleeping boys, daddy making a pancake breakfast and my little darling daughter all smiles at seeing me walk in the door barely breathing and not very pleasant smelling but heck she didn't care... still wanted a good morning hug!!

I was so excited for Monday so we could get back to our routine... 
Chores... School... Errands.. Lessons....

I am so thankful for times of rest and fun
for those times in and of themselves 
but also for how they remind me what joy comes from doing the "normal" dailyness of life
How our children really do thrive in structure which in times of NO structure u can see this so clearly!!!

So I sit here Monday night eagerly anticipating Tuesday....
Getting up and doing the same things that I did this morning 
Lam 3:22, 23 
"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; 
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    I just had to post. I completed my first year of being in the 5am club in March. It's made such a difference in my life that I plan to become a life long member. I got the idea from the same book as well.

    BTW, I love your blog. It's so cute and I love reading stories about your kiddos. Take care!

    Love,
    Vange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vange- I know it is amazing how just getting up an hr or so earlier really changes the course of the day!!! I know my kiddos and husband really appreciate me doing this as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this convicted me! I've been slacking off BIG time lately. I know I have some good excuses, but I don't want those good reasons to turn into an area of laziness or sin for me. I need to read this book I think.
    Jason and I are bad about going to bed at night. How do you get to bed early? You just do it? I get so caught up in the books I'm reading, a tv show, talking with Jase, cleaning the house, etc... I end up statying up until 1am! So 5:30 sounds like murder :)

    ReplyDelete