Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Re-decorating and birthday

Kaitlyn stood on one of the drawers of her dresser and the whole thing broke. My mom gave me a black dresser.. so I sanded it....



Painted it white... and then as it was drying rubbed it with a cloth.. 

And added new knobs
It inspired me to want to paint Kaityn's room a light purple.. In a few months :)

 Kaitlyn and mommy were playing with the camera.. She kept wanting to "see it".. see herself in the screen :)


We spent a wonderful day at the beach with my family celebrating Mat and my b-day
  This little girl is so happy to be playing in the sand!!

 Wow I just have to say.. 
We know how to eat at the beach... 
Grilled corn, French bread Fresh caught salmon, and shrimp/ veggie kabobs and for dessert chocolate and caramel  dipped apples and strawberries



 My Sweet cousin

My other sweet cousin


Playing bond fire games





Yeah my sister.... don't worry this was just for the picture

My boys found a great pleasure in jumping off the recycle bin


The Girls!!!!



I love this picture

Cousins- Forever Friends
The Fam

Yes we are a crazy bunch of nuts
 Trying to take a normal picture isn't so easy for us!
We had a fun day even though the sun never made an appearance!



Birthday's means a good reason to have a girls night.. so thanks to my dear friend who got it organized... and for my fellow birthday friends.. Dinner was great but the fellowship was even better. Now the froyo afterwards though.. that topped the night :)
 So this birthday has to go down on the books as one of the best ones yet... I got to go shopping with my mom and sister and baby girl... When I got home my dear husband says "hey babe go in our room" So off I go....


 When I walk in my room I am speechless.. my husband remembered what I told him in passing a few months back.. that I would love to have a canopy bed.. Well what did he do??? Went and built one!!!

He even got new sheets and down comforter.
We are going to take down the fan and get a new light fixture.

WOW I how I love this man... 
These are my favorite kind of gifts.. the ones that take thought.. 
 He knows the way to my heart!!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! What a sweet gift from your man! Looks gorgeous.
    Also, you certainly DO know how to eat at the beach! YUM.
    And, the pic of you with Kaitlyn is so cute and then the one with her and your mom; adorable.
    The dresser turned out great! I'm hoping to refinish 3 oak dressers once we move to our new place. Kinda nervous, but I bet I'll be able to find good instructions online :)

    ReplyDelete