Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Clingin to the dust

What is on our minds when our minds are not fixed on Jesus??? God says that our minds cling to the dust when we are not dwelling on the word of God... And let me tell you this is so true. The past few months I have been really struggling with my thoughts toward my husband, growing  bitter and angry because of a certain thing he wasn't doing/ caring about.  But this 1 little thing... the speck in his eye was what I dwelt on!

My mind was in the dust and I wasn't putting into action Phil 4: 8 " Finally brethren, whatever things are TRUE, whatever things are NOBLE, whatever things are JUST, whatever things are PURE whatever things are LOVELY, whatever things are of GOOD REPORT, if there is ANY virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy- meditate on these things."

Instead of setting my mind on these things I was dwelling on what my husband wasn't doing, What I think I deserved because I was doing it for him. Thinking negative and dwelling on this 1 thing completely clouded my view. It was like looking into the light with a blind fold on. I didn't see all the many many amazing things about my husband and what he does.
    But praise God He doesn't leave me in sin for long without bringing me to the end of my rope.... and that is where I was... So that evening I went to the couch while everyone was sleeping with the goal to search the scripture to find a verse to justify my feelings.... but guess what.. that isn't what God showed me at all... It was completely the opposite... I found that my feeling where completely unjustified and they were just feelings not facts. God showed me PS 119:25-32 what I am sure I have read many times before but it hit me anew that night

Ps 119:25 " My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word."...  My mind was in the dust... I was having stinkin thinkin, and instead of just giving my concerns to God I harbored them, let them stew.

Vs 28 " My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your word. I am so thankful now for the burden my sin had on my heart because God used that to show me through His word that I need to cling to His promises and not my feelings. I am also so thankful for forgiveness that when I do sin I can find forgiveness and mercy  from my savior who made made it all possible through his suffering and dying on the cross in my behalf. Eph 1:7 " In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace"

VS 30-32 " I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgement I have laid before me. I cling to Your testimonies; O Lord, do not put me to shame! I will run the course of Your commandments, For You shall enlarge me heart." This is my prayer that every day, moment by moment I cling my savior and His word... so that God can change my stinkin thinkin and help me think whatever is true, just, noble, hold, pure, lovely.

So next step was confessing to my dear husband what was on my mind and asking forgiveness... And guess what... that very thing I was so concerned over he saw it too and was praying for God to help him. Now instead of dwelling.. I am praying for him... If only I though of that before...well if I did then God wouldn't have taught me the lesson I needed to learn.. for that I am thankful. I pray now that I will not be thick headed and need to learn this lesson over and over and over again like I do with so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment