Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sovergein Deliveries

I am so excited.... I found some of the books that have been on my to-do list to read at the library. I just finished this one yesterday!
 
What an answer to prayer this book was!!!!  
I have been really struggling with how to " Do it all and not be overwhelmed." I can do the "do it all" part but while doing it I am grumbling and complaining, angry, and  having a pity party..... "Ahhh I really have to vacuum again, I just put it away!" " I am so tried of having to read this same line in our bible story book because your sister keeps interrupting  (yes, I did say bible story book... you think I should listen to what I am reading eh??)." 
These are just a few things that go on in my head and often manifest themselves into the way to talk to my children and husband. The saying is so true " when mommy ain't happy, no one is happy". 
I then get discouraged when I hear the boys talking to each other unkindly or when I ask them to do something and they give me the " ahhh mom not now, do I really have too, or as Kaitlyn says "NO!"'
How can I expect them to have happy cheerful obedience when I am being the worst example of that. 
But praise God he is my wonderful, forgiving shepard, Savior, and King!!!
Most often my days look like that when I have not had time to sit still as His feet, to listen and worship Him. 
 Now I am committed to joining the 4:45am (AM!) club.... waking early to spend time in the word....
"When we seek God through His word and prayer, we glean wisdom for walking carefully. We obtain guidance for daily decisions. We find peace in the midst of life's whirlwind. We are infused with strength to complete our tasks."
John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do NOTHING!"

It is day 2 of my attendance and I can say that I am so thankful for this uninterrupted time in the wee hours of the morning! And I am more prepared for life to happen... for the kiddos to come bounding in with there many (what they think are) immediate needs, and to meet them with a smile, a hug, and a heart prepared to be serve and to serve with JOY!
 But about an hour later we begin to homeschool... this is where my JOY and patience gets put to the test!!!
I will close with a quote from the book where Carolyn quotes C.S Lewis
"The great thing is one can. is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one's "own" or "real" life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one's real life - the life God is sending one day by day: What one calls ones "real life" is a phantom of one's own imagination."

All the interruptions- they aren't interruptions after all. They are sovereign deliveries. the unpleasant things are God's perfect plan for our day. Ps. 118:24 "This is a day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
 

1 comment:

  1. This is so true my dear sweet daughter. And you learned much of the negative stuff from your mom!
    I am looking forward to reading this book too. You are doing a wonderful job as wife & very beyond busy mom!
    I may try the 4:45 club as well.
    Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete