Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Changless God

I wanted to share this devotion with you that I shared at my sister-in-laws bridal shower.....

I  can’t believe the TIME is so quickly approaching of your wedding day. A lot has changed since I first met you a little over a year ago. My family changed from 4 to 5, you have changed from a college student to a college graduate, and your relationship has changed from dating to soon to be husband and wife. After your wedding many things in your life will change. You will change into your role of helpmate.  Things in our life are always changing and always will change but there is one thing in your life that doesn’t change…. Our immutable, changeless  God.   Ps 102:25-27 “Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands, They will perish, but You will endure; Yes, they will all grow old like a garment; like a cloak You will change them, and they will be changed. But you are the same, And Your years will have no end.”
There were times in my first year of marriage where I asked myself “Who is this man I married?” I had no idea he liked staying up so late, liked chocolate on his toast, thought dirty clothes belonged on the floor rather than a basket :) I have changed realizing that I can stay up past 9pm, in the past 7 years our relationship and love has also changed I understand and love him soo much more today than I did on our wedding day.
God doesn’t change-
1.       He himself doesn’t change- Heb 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

2.       His plans and purposes don’t change- Since the beginning of the world God’s plan for salvation of His elect never changed Ps 33:11-12 “The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations, blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.”   God is the same God to Adam, Moses, Ruth, David, Peter, Paul as He is too me!!
God is immutable and unchanging therefore-
1.        My salvation doesn’t change no matter what I do or don’t do or what I feel. Our sin cannot stop God’s saving work what hope this gives me that God is not like me and that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Heb 13:8
2.        I know that the gift of marriage is from Him “Every good and every perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” This is a good verse to remember in the mountains and valleys of your marriage that emotions and circumstances will change but your GOD WILL NOT!
3.       We can have confidence in the role that God has for us a wives and women of God- “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord”
4.       We can have confidence in our prayers- Heb 4:14-16 “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weakness, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore from boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need.” So pray pray pray, and remember to always pray together!

Conclusion-
In sickness and health, in good times in and in bad, for richer or poorer you’re God and Savior Jesus Christ doesn’t change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever

No comments:

Post a Comment