Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snap Shots of our weekend


While driving today I turned the radio down and had a wonderful conversation with my kiddos.. it began like this.... 
Zack- Mommy where is God ?
Mom- He is everywhere and He see all that you do and loves you still
Zack- He is invisible
Mom- Yes but you can see little bits of Him in His wonderful creation. God says  He made us in His image, like Him.
Jayden- But how can this be mom because we are not kind like Him, we are not loving and powerful like Him?
Mom- Yes that is so true God is God and when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden... sin entered the world and our heart are filled with sin now. But when God saves you and changes your heart God begins changing us to become more and more like him.

What a wonderful conversation I would have missed by just keeping the music on. The rest of the drive the boys were asking me what countries are friends with America. I was quite surprised with all the countries they knew :) Kaitlyn kept pointing out all the cows she saw by saying " mommy MOOOO.... mommy mooooo.... mommy mommy mooooo, mommy mommy tow :) "

This weekend went by so very fast! I will share a few snap shots from the fun we had!!!


Saturday we spent the morning at Lagoon Valley Park with our friends.... Our walk began with excitement of what we were going to see... I grabbed a water and left our picnic in car to enjoy afterward
It was pretty cold and very very foggy!!! We could see a small lake and decided it would be fun to walk around it. I didn't bring a stroller because Kaitlyn has been wanting to walk on her own.... but guess what.... not on SATURDAY!!! It was a bit muddy so maybe the was why she didn't want too :) So the walk began with the boys having a wonderful time running ahead pretending to be "army guys" charging ahead toward battle



We walked on and on... with me carrying my dear daughter the WHOLE time.... tummys were beginning to grumble and the " Are we almost there yet ?" began to flow :) Truth be told Bryn and I weren't too sure where  "there was" or how long it would take to get to "there" :) So we took a little stop and thankfully she brought along some apples and pretzels and was so kind to share with my kiddos!
 
 Now recharged we moved onward..... me still carrying Kaitlyn... when we finally asked someone in passing how long this walk was.... 2 Miles :)

I had to put Kaitlyn down but the only way she would walk was when her friend Aniah would hold her hand.....




Mommy pick me UP please :)


                                                                      A little pit stop
                                 They still had soo much fun and I was so proud or how far they walked!!!!!
 Kaitlyn wasn't too tired after the walk though... I wonder why :)



A bit of park time and then it was time to go to the car and enjoy our much deserved lunch!!!! What a wonderful way to spend the morning with good friends!!!



1 comment:

  1. That looked like such a fun walk, but I know you got an amazing workout from holding our dear missy Kaitlyn! You have the stamina of a well trained athlete my dear daughter.
    I loved the conversation about God in the car! It's awesome that kids are naturally so eager to hear about our Creator and you are doing an amazing job teaching them about Him!
    Love you all.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete