Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Friday, January 14, 2011

Fantastic.... Fun.... Full.... Friday!!!

Our morning started with daddy going to pick up this....












We were in the middle of our math lesson when Daddy walked in with this very loud package.... so the wonderful thing about homeschooling is that we were able to put what we were doing aside and........

And help daddy count and sort these.. and guess what... that was the rest of our MATH :)

Next Nana came and took the kids to the park to play in the beautiful warm sunshine ( PE :) While I got to go for a run with my sis- in- law....! 
The rest of the day was filled with reading labels at the store while grocery shopping (reading and health) and learning how to make lists and check them off :), Finishing our unit study on Ducks( science), and seeing a real $100 where Jayden recognized Benjamin Franklin ( we just studied him all week!!) and sitting on the couch reading a book to his little sister!!!
I love that I can make all those little lessons part of my children's academic studies... it is real life and not just textbook learning. Most of the time it is those lessons they remember the most anyways :) Not to mention all the wonderful memories we make and the other people we get to involve in our learning process too!!! 
  So right now I sit here so very thankful for the ability to be able to homeschool. Don't get me wrong there are many days I am ready to throw in the towel and say that's it I can't do this!!! 
Especially when I have 3 days worth of crumbs I am walking on to get to my son who needs help with his subtraction problem, a daughter who I know just took my dry erase marker in the other room ( but I am not going to get her because she is being quite for a minute!), a son who is yelling mommy from the top of his lungs from the bathroom because he is in need of my assistance, a husband who I need to get up for work and have dinner ready for by 3:30pm... oh no I just looked at the clock and it is 2:45??? I have to walk by that HUGE basket of unfolded laundry that might just stay there until I need that basket to put more clean laundry in a few days and I haven't showered in how many days???........ this is my yesterday... but then I  a wonderful day like today... and I see that all those yesterdays make today worth every minute of it!!!!

* Note the dry erase marker is all over her dresser  and wall in her bedroom!!! Not sure how we are going to get that out... but truly it was worth the moment of uninterrupted math instruction.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a fun & entertaining writer. I can almost imagine being there as you got the chicks w/ the kids & all the excitement.
    Keep on blogging, it's so fun to read.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete