Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Girls room

Before

 This was a old dresser from my great grandma's house that has been in our garage for years

 Kaitlyn's pink nursery......

 My Sister and I painted this when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn


 It is sad to say we hadn't cleaned these carpets since we had them installed 3 years ago...IT was gross



AFTER
A renting a carpet cleaner!!!!

A gallon of paint


I found a tree I wanted to paint on pinterest
So my amazing sister and I went to work
creating our version

and here is what we got.......






Here is the old dresser that I refinished...



I still need to add the rest of the handles but I couldn't wait to post pictures



Here is the CRIB.....
If you haven't read the story of our adventures to get it in this room..




Just to get it in the room we had to take off a door and the back of the crib!!

Baby Addison's bedding

Tree- me and my sister
Leaves- me
Animals- my amazing sister all free hand!
 So this tree if we would have bought the decal would have been around $100 on etsy but I found the "opps" paint at Lowes for $2.50!!!!


I painted these flowers next to the crib and am thinking about adding some in the corner by Kaitlyn's bed




So there is the room. Kaitlyn loves it..
I still have to
~ add the shelves to the tree
~ Do the curtains
~put handles on the dresser
~Make the girls names to hang on the wall
~paint more flowers
~ get a purple rug
~ have a baby to put in the crib :)



5 comments:

  1. This room is adorable Jen! Good job to you and Taylor. I miss you! -Vangie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was soooo much fun. We both need another room to paint! ~ Tays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! it looks so professional girls, great job:)
    I love that white tree and the bedding is adorable.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are so talented. Well done. It looks great.
    Love you all
    Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete