Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We waited 19 weeks for this day.....

3am morning of the ultrasound I lay there staring at the clock wide eyed and ready for it to be 11 am already. I was so excited/ anxious for the scan that I couldn't go back to sleep

10:45 am while walking from the parking garage to the hospital Mat and my conversation went something like this...
Me -ok one last time what do you really think it is babe?
Mat -A girl
Me- No way everyone else we know is finding out that they are having boys so I think we are in the boy wave from drinking the water at CBC, remember when Jayden was born and EVERYONE else had a boy too :)
Mat- Well who are all those boys going to marry? Someone needs to have a girl :)


11:25 called into the dimly lit room the nice sonogram tec lady asked if we wanted to find out. We  said Yes :) Unlike all my other sonograms she kindly took a peek 1st thing and found out that.......

WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!!



During the whole remainder of the scan the tec kept saying her and she :)
The scan took a full hour because we found out our little girl is a mover and shaker. She wouldn't stop moving the WHOLE time. It is funny  lately I have been worried because I haven't felt her that much and I thought I would start to more around this time but the tec assured me that this little girl is a busy one!
 Her Foot

 She was holding her hands like she was praying :)

To tell the kids we went and got pink and purple balloons and put them in a box with a blanket over it
 The boys were shocked when pink balloons popped out. They thought they were going to see blue :)

 Kaitlyn kept telling Nana all morning that the baby was a girl and would get rather crabby at Nana when she said the baby might be a boy. Kaitlyn's reply was " No nana baby girl" She was right!



I sit here now still in shock and so thankful for the family that God has blessed Mat and I with. We so don't deserve it but He  has saw fit to give us 4 wonderful children!
We just can't wait now to meet our new little princess and see who she is going to look like. All my kids have different eye colors and really don't look that much alike.. So now they big mystery is...
Who will SHE most resemble???

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! We pray for healthy babies, but it adds so much excitement to know what they are! We've enjoyed saying "him" and not 'it' and picking out a name and everything - its just SO fun!

    Congrats on your new little bundle of joy! I will be praying that the next 20 weeks go well for you and your daughter and that God will bless you with a healthy baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo excited to meet my new niece! I'm thinking she'll look like me!lol Lucky girl! I love you guys!
    Van

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Katie was very insistent that she was going to have a sister! It was rather cute how she was getting crabby when I suggested a brother! I am looking forward to meeting Addison, and very curious as to whom she is going to resemble the most, or have her own unique look.
    Love you all,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete