Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baby Shower

Last Monday was a busy day for me... A doctors appt and finding out I am already starting to dilate, Mat went and bought us a new mini van, and I had my baby shower.


 The theme of the shower was sweet baby girl.... The food and games all involved sweets/desserts.... So cute!
 I am so thankful for all the ladies that helped! I was so blessed by everything that night.

The dessert bar was AMAZING!! Since being diagnosed with Celiac I have never had such a variety of desserts that I can eat. I enjoyed gluten free cupcakes, amazing carmel popcorn with white and milk chocolate, strawberries, apples with chocolate and carmal. I actually got a bit emotional about the thought and effort everyone put into it ( gosh these darn pregnancy hormones has me crying over food :)

The candy bar was beautiful! For favors everyone got to fill up a bag of candy to take home and enjoy. My kids loved having me bring these home for them. The colors of decorations even matched the girls nursery :)

Next was game time.. It was hilarious!  3 teams were formed and each team was given a bag of candy and poster board on which they had to write the birth story of Addison using as much of the candy  as they could.
I have to share the stories because they were so creative and I want to remember them :)
I will underline the words that came from the candy
Team 1
One good morning, Jenny was coaching a whooper of a game with Her Big Hunk. It was for the Reese's peanut butter championship cup. Their team was on a roll, when she heard a Krackel and her water pop.  She said' " Honey, Oh baby!!!" And a KitKat Sweettart was born! Then her Big Hunk did a tootsie dance.
Team 2
One fall afternoon, Jenny walked outside and the leaves were Krackelacking! under her feet. Suddenly a whooper of a contration came! She cried, " O-honey my taffylicious Hunk of a husband! I'm having the baby! It's big!" they rushed to the hospital. "I'm gonna pop!" she screamed. " Don't be a cry baby," her man grunted. " Terrific," said her son Zack. At the hospital, she cried, "Here comes the milk!" The baby came out and it was a her! " Sweet! Not a dude!" said Kaitlyn laughing.



Team 3
 Jenny was awakened in the middle of the night and yelled "big hunk Matt, the baby is coming! Call our doctor, Mr. Goodbar, honey. He kracked his head and jumped out of bed. They rushed to the hospital and our nurse ruth met us and rushed her into the room. The doctor pulled out the Kit and said " sweet baby , she will be here in a bit honey." Jenny cried, " Oh baby, it's a whooper." Next thing you know the sweet little buttercup was here.  She Laffed and cried, " Here's myspecial little tootsie, Addison. She whipped out her milk duds and fed her crying baby. Everything worked like a charm.
 I was laughing so hard  a bathroom break was necessary :)

Yummmy this was my plate :)

Kaitlyn's favorite part was helping mommy open the gifts. She was very efficient and I had a hard time keeping up with her pace:)


I love this expression :) She was so excited Addison got a "baby" to love too. In our house "baby" is the small blanket with a stuffed animal or something on the top. Kaitlyn's is a bear and it is a MUST HAVE!! :)

 The girls


Addison and our family is so blessed to be surrounded with such love and kindness. God has truly blessed us with amazing friends and family!! We love you guys and Thank you again for everything!




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day! We're all looking forward to seeing pictures of Addison when she arrives and meeting her hopefully in the near future. Take care & sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete