Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Resurrection Sunday

With the busyness of life lately we had a nice relaxing Easter Sunday at my mom's.

Which began with teaching in our Sunday school class followed by an amazing sermon that
"God's not dead He is really alive!"
Jesus conquered death through His death on the cross for me
Hallelujah what a Savior!


 The evening before my sister and I did our annual egg coloring eggtravaganza :)

Watching the color tabs fizzle in the vinegar



Yep we are defiantly NOT normal in this family...
Love you Sis :)



As soon as the kids got out of the card I herded them over for a picture because I knew once at Nana's the clothes come flying off :) 

Oh how I love my babies who aren't really babies anymore!!
My sister always takes egg coloring to the next level!!! :) The kids loved them

Then it was the scavenger hunt for their Easter baskets... This idea was sent to me by a friend last year and we loved it.. This year I just changed it up with each kid having an egg color to look for at each stop and then all had to read part of the clue.. note Kaitlyn's clues were a picture of where they would find the next egg... The hunt included.... the bathtub, trampoline, piano, stove, pool table, bid red van... and lastly my mom's room where the baskets were!

In each egg they also had the number of M&M's as the clue number to sweeten their search

The Final Prize :)



All of a sudden Kaitlyn loves dress up.
So that is what was in her basket and she was
SO excited
Like I said when the kids get to Nana's the clothes come off :)
Nana even filled up the pool with warm water for them!
Following our delicious BBQ dinner courtesy of my dad was the egg hunt!

Workin so hard for the egg :)

'
Easter ended with a nice walk, a major sugar high, and some very tired kiddos :)



1 comment:

  1. We do make many fun memories and I appreciate so much how you journal these through this blog for your kids. That was a very fun and relaxing day.
    Love you guys:)

    ReplyDelete