Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and LET US RUN with endurance the race set before us, LOOKING UNTO JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1&2

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kaitlyn's Dance Showcase

Last night was Kaitlyn's big night. Her dance showcase. This little girl LOVES to dance.... Stage fright???? Nope not even in the slightest. We actually had a hard time keeping her off the stage and in the bleachers :) She danced in her seat while watching the other dances :)
I was more nervous for her... so much so that during the 1st dance I forgot to record it! But we ordered the DVD !

Her first  dance was a ballet dance... Here are the pictures from the rehearsal...
















At the show

 The best picture with me.. I have a problem with closing my eyes for photos :(
 Here she is boogying down in the bandstands


 Back stage getting ready to go on


This was the only good picture of this dance I got because the bigger girls stood in front of her most of the time.

Costume change time.. followed by mommy trying to get a few pictures of her during intermission but she wouldn't stop dancing... :)








Sorry this video is pretty shaky... Hope it doesn't make you sick
(You will need to turn the music player off at the bottom of this page before playing)


Nana bought her balloons
 And daddy and papa got her flower

 Then Nana and Papa treated us to french fries and milkshakes... that was the icing on the cake for this little girl who had her dream evening:)
 I can't believe how fast time is going, how big she is getting and that we will have in a few short years another one in ruffles and bows!!!

I also just had to post a photo of my adorable son because he was such a sport all day... 1st he helped mommy coach Jayden's little league game in the morning ( wow that was quite an experience.. lets just say little league parents create so much drama!!!) Then he proudly watched his sisters dance for 2 hrs.... He was one tired kiddo after it was all said and done but one amazing brother!


4 comments:

  1. oh my word - adorable! I can't get over the cute outfit and pointed toes!
    She's gonna have a little sister to teach all these things to, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo stinkin cute Jens!!!! Takes me back to my penguin cha cha days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love "diaper dance"...she is adorable!! That was such a fun night. Love the photos and you did a great job with the video, Katie and I just watched and she said,"look at me!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Bobbie and Uncle JoeApril 17, 2012 at 8:42 AM

    Uncle Joe and Aunt Bobbie We loved our new Star. Must be alittle like her great Aunt who never stopped dancing from age five. Kaitlyns costumes so cute and she a doll. Danceing feet in the Petit family for sure Love those kids so much

    ReplyDelete